Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Soccer

So, last night Jadilyn had a make-up soccer game. (One was canceled due to rain.) They WON! 6-0. She was very excited! Melanie forgot the camera, so no photos to attach. The game was at 7:30 pm, and I had a Softball game at 9:30 pm so I missed the game! It was a late night at our house, getting the kids to bed, and I got home about 11:15. By the time I got showered, and did some whites (I hate being out of underwear.) it was 12:30. I could hear Carson with a really croupy sounding cough. I woke Melanie up to see when/if she'd given him medicine already, she hadn't and she said check his temp. (We're not sure if he's outgrown the Febroral Seizures yet. Sorry Matt if I totally butchered that but huked on foniks werks four me.) He was burning up!

After dosing him with Robitussin and Children's Motrin, we were trying to cool him down, we didn't want another seizure/visit to the hospital. He REALLY didn't like the cold damp towel on his warm little body, and was fighting us. So, to distract him, I asked him about Jadi's soccer game. He didn't have a lot to say about that but the following conversation ensued. (Carson's in bold.)

Do you want to play soccer like Jadi?
"Yes I wanna play Soccer."
Do you want to play Basketball like Danny?
"No...Soccer."
You'd rather play soccer than Basketball?
"Yes, Soccer." (Keep in mind, he's got a fever, so we can't rule out basketball.)
Soccer or Basketball?
"Soccer"
Soccer or Baseball?
"Soccer"
Soccer or Football?
"Soccer"
Soccer or Ice Hockey?
"Ice Hockey"
Do you know what Ice Hockey is?
"No"
Soccer or Basketball?
"Soccer"
Soccer or Going Fishing with Poppa?
"Go fishing with Poppa"
"Where's Poppa?"
Carson City, Nevada.
"Why"
That's where he lives.
"Where's the fish?"
In the rivers.
"Why?"
That's where they live.
Go fishing with Poppa or Bake Cookies with Grandma?
"Cookies with Grandma."

Sorry Poppa, cookies with Grandma Trumps EVERYTHING.

But it looks like we'll have three playing soccer next season: Jadi, Natalie, and Carson.

4 comments:

Kristin said...

Yeah, soccer is the best sport for kids, so fun to watch and they get so tired. I would have to choose cookies with Grandma over anything any day, I'm with Carson on this one. Also for a fever, cold baths help wonders, though Caleb calls them iceburg baths. Hope you got some sleep last night.

Margaret said...

That was a super sweet conversation with Carson. It's been too long since I've seen him.

Valerie said...

Oh, poor little Carson...I hope he's feeling better soon. Fevers always make me nervous. Glad to hear Jadi's team won and your conversation with Carson was so cute. What great tactics to distract him from the wash cloth. Yeah, I'm such a cookie fan, I'd have to go with that one too.

Laurie said...

Cookies trumps everything for me too!

Hope he's feeling better.