Thursday, April 24, 2008

Demise of a Digital Camera?

So, some of you may have heard that Carson dropped our digital camera into a tub full of bathwater. I took the battery out, and let it dry out for about 10 days, and it's working...mostly alright. Anyway, when I went to retrieve pictures from it, there were some interesting shots.


Here's Gracie, our second cat. Nice picture, but neither Melanie nor I took it. (There's a previously unknown accomplice...Jadi or Natalie.)

Now it appears that Carson has gotten a hold of the camera. Either that or his sisters thought this was his better side.

Next is a picture of Minnie, our third cat. Decent picture, not sure who took it. I'm thinking Carson, as the very next picture was this:

What could possibly go wrong here?

Nice dish floating in the water. Taken leaning over tub, looking down. Again, what could possibly go wrong?

The guilty party self portrait. Taken with the arms extended OVER THE TUB, camera facing back.
Not sure if this is the actual "OOPS" money shot or not. Blurriness could be caused by water distortion, or subject being too close to lens.
That's the next picture, followed by 4-5 blurry photos, where I'm sure Carson...or unknown accomplice was PRAYING that the camera was fine.
First picture taken after "drying out". I was pretty sure that it was done for. A few days later, started working better and we got this.

Melanie still thinks the camera is defective, as it appears to be distorting her image by a few pounds.

Kodak makes a pretty good camera.

6 comments:

Karen said...

Had the same thing happen to my camera...except the viewer was shattered. I think we have a third child named "not me", because thats what I always get when I ask "Who did this!!!"

Laurie said...

That little stinker!

At least it working, sort of. I think my camera may have the same defect.

Valerie said...

Kodak does make a good camera! Sorry about it falling in the tub, Oh Carson boy! But it seems to be working okay now :)

Margaret said...

You and Kristin have had bad luck with technology tools and kids lately. So sorry to hear that.

Kristin said...

Impressive that it still works, my cell phone mysteriously got water damage, none of the boys are fessing up. Tell Mel, I think she looks great.

The deVilleneuves said...

I'm wondering why there isn't a "perfect picture" of Steve here....hhmmmmmm?

Glad it's fixed...I'd miss the blog and updates from Texas!