Saturday, April 5, 2008

Crazy pictures

Some of you who have never seen our Christmas card won't understand the Austin Powers pic I chose for my photo. No, I don't have an alter ego that is Austin Powers, we have a family tradition of taking our Halloween photo and using it in our Christmas letter. The good news is we have unique Christmas pictures / letters. The bad news is we don't have a single "Traditional-in -your-Sunday-Best" family picture in our house. It started back in 2000 when Danny wanted to be Peter Pan for Halloween.

So, Danny was Peter Pan, Jadi was Tinkerbell, Melanie was Princess Tiger-Lilly and I was a Pirate.

Next came 2001 or the year of the Davis Farm. The people at the photography location (I can't remember JC Penny's or Sears.) really thought it was funny.

This is also one of two Family portraits we have with Brynn, the second is a different pose, same costumes.

In 2002 we celebrated College Football, and cheered on our FAVORITE team, BYU!

In 2003, we announced the arrival of the newest Princess, even though we dressed her as a Jester, she's definitely ALL PRINCESS.

If the year is 2004 and you live in the GREATEST STATE in the Country, TEXAS, you have a Cowboy-Themed card. Especially when you now have TWO NATIVE TEXANS in the family!


In 2005, we decided to let the world know we're an Incredible Family.


2006 one of our favorite movies was "Pirates of the Caribbean" so naturally our picture included a bunch of ARRR Pirates.


Last year, we went with the Austin Powers theme, just because it was so much fun to make our boys Dr. Evil and Mini-me.


So, that's a trip down memory lane, and now you know why I enjoy having that Austin Powers photo...it reminds me of great family memories.

9 comments:

Kristin said...

I always look forward to your Christmas card, I love to see what you are going to do next. Caleb just said, "Uncle Steve as a pirate is scary!"

Laurie said...

Your Christmas card is the most anticipated of the season!

What fun y'all have.

The Pili Aiga said...

Those pictures are awesome all in a row like that....you definitely win for the most creative christmas card. My kids love to see what yours will be like every year. And besides....sunday best photos are way overated. We did one once and I sat in the middle...serious oreo action going on :0) It didn't help that I was in a platinum blonde phase either..lol..Brynn is precious in her picture. I just can't believe how grown everyone is. Still wish we lived closer.

Karen said...

I love the pictures of your family... I wish i could get my family to sit for a picture. Can't wait to learn more about your family.

The deVilleneuves said...

I have forgotten about some of those pics! But, I think it's great you put them all in there like that! Nice work! You're definately a fun family, and I love the updates!

Valerie said...

Good talking to you on the phone today, bro. I loved seeing all your Christmas card photos in chronological order. We look forward to it every year, and can't wait until this coming Christmas to see what you do next. The photos are great, but your letters are even better. You crack me up, Steve.

rachel said...

I LOVED your comment on my NKOTB post! You had me cracking up out loud. I'll have to direct Martin towards it. He'll definitely appreciate it. He hates (crappy) music like that. I'm not saying it's crappy... but he would.
It was great to see Mel for a second the other day. Hugs to the kiddos!

Margaret said...

This year I think you should go for the sweater vest look. I hear it's all the rage. Har Har....I haven't forgot all your comments about my pictures over the year. You surely win the creativity prize. And I DO look forward to seeing what you will come up with next....any hints?

I had a great time talking to Mel! Missed our talks!

Michelle said...

We love your Christmas cards. We didn't get last year's installment, however. I'm glad I found you guys though so now we can see it :)