Saturday, April 26, 2008

LDS or FLDS?

Recently with the debacle going on in Texas, there's been a lot of talk on the news and around the water cooler about "Those Damn Mormons!" My boss sent this to me and I think it sums up the differences between us, members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, and them, Fundamentalist Latter Day Saints...aka the Nutjobs in Texas. I apologize for the length, but I feel it's totally worth looking at.

Some Mormon Women Sing


Some Mormon Women Dance

Some Mormon Women write scary stories

Some Mormon Women have lots of money and REALLY GREAT HAIR.

I know hundreds of Mormon Women. They do all kinds of things, and live all kinds of different lives.

This woman served as a leader in the Mormon church. She recently spoke to teenage girls worldwide. She encouraged them to stand up to peer pressure, strengthen their families and serve others. (Click here for more.)

None of the Mormon Women I know look like this

None of them are marrying off their teenage daughters and none of them want to share their husband with anyone.

Furthermore...
Some Mormon guys can throw a ball...



Some Mormon guys yell at the ball.


Some Mormon guys make scary movies

Some Mormon guys have a lot of money and REALLY GREAT HAIR!


I know hundreds of Mormon guys. They do all kinds of different things and live all kinds of different lives.
This is one of the leaders of the Mormon church. On April 6, 2008 he spoke about honoring women, especially mothers, and gave advice to husbands and children about how to treat the women in their lives. (For the whole story, click here.)

None of the Mormon men I know look like this...

For any of my friends or family who'd like to know more about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, I'd be happy to discuss our beliefs with you.

8 comments:

Kristin said...

I got the same email, thanks for posting it, it really puts it all right. Love Ya.

Margaret said...

Hey Steve...just so you know. This was originally posted from The Gab Blog. You can find it at this link http://thegabblog.blogspot.com/2008/04/just-for-record.html

The Pili Aiga said...

Good job Steve...I will be forwarding people to this. We get a lot of that here in Vegas too. Nobody understands the difference between the two. Especially with St. George so close. You are too great. I miss being around you :) ya never know...maybe someday. Say hi to Mel and the kids :)

rachel said...

Funny thing. I first saw this from my non-member MOM!!! It's a good one.

Laurie said...

Saw this on the Gab Blog too. Can't believe it's already made it into email form.

Valerie said...

I love that you posted this, regardless of where it first was seen. Hopefully, it'll settle some wacked out ideas.

Kristin said...

Hey were are you? Did you get a sippy cut to the computer as well?

The deVilleneuves said...

Hey there...are you taking a summer vacation from this blog? I miss my Melanie Davis updates! Where did you go????