Thursday, March 27, 2008

Easter Woes

So, another Easter has come and gone, it's now Thursday, and I think the kids are FINALLY off the Sugar-High! Grandma Davis sent some See's Candy, which the Easter Bunny found and put into each child's basket...what a waste of premium chocolate on underdeveloped palates. Seriously, Jadi actually gave up her Bordeaux Chocolate Egg because she "Didn't like it." Oh well, more for Melanie and me. (Melanie actually lost out on hers, apparently when all the other candy is eaten, underdeveloped palates will scrounge for any thing chocolate. She actually accused me of eating her Bordeaux egg...wish I'd thought of doing that and blaming Carson.)


Why can't kid's just look through there baskets? Halloween, Easter, Christmas it's always the same...Dump everything out on the floor and spread it around. That's okay with Christmas stockings, and Halloween pumpkins, all the candy is wrapped. When you do that with Easter Candy (Chocolate, Robin's Eggs, Jelly Beans, Peeps...they all end up stuck in the carpet! We actually saw Carson grinding a Robin's egg into the carpet with his foot...apparently Malted Milk Balls make a cool sound when you squish them. This is one of the signs that you're getting old...you're more worried about the carpet than the candy stash.

Grandma Hansen had a Birthday on the24th...I called her on the 25th to wish her Happy Belated Birthday. (She's not my Mom, calling the Day after's pretty good. Especially since neither of her own Daughter's bothered to call her on her special Day. Shame on you Melanie and Karen.) Anyway, she said she was feeling OLD. I told her "Hey, 39's not OLD...wait a minute...Sorry Ludene, you can't claim 39 anymore...you're Daughter will be 39 this year." (See, I know how to sweet-talk the Mother-in-Law.)

Kristin "Tagged" me on her blog...what the hell is that? One of your goofy friends asks you a bunch of humiliating questions, and you're not only silly enough to answer them, you actually expect others to answer them and share in your humiliation? Shaw, and Monkeys will fly out of my butt. (The only thing wrong with that last statement is that in order to have monkey fly out of your butt, they have to have somehow gotten into your butt...DON'T GET AN IMAGE! DON'T GET AN IMAGE! DON'T GET AN IMAGE! Aw crap, too late.)

My sister Valerie had to go in for an emergency Gall Bladder-ectomy. She's now officially in the Club! Yeah Valerie! She should be released from Hospital tomorrow, and she's doing much better. Yeah Valerie...Quick Kristin "TAG" her! Her answers while in a drug induced state will be REALLY funny.

Actually, Kristin probably won't be doing any Blogging for awhile, she's been watching Valerie's Boys (Owen and Will) along with Her boys (Andrew, Caleb, Issac, Adam) for those of you not keeping track that's SIX boys all under the age of 7. Maybe Valerie should save some of the pain pills for Kristin...she might need them.

Seriously, thoughts and prayers go out to Valerie and Rob. Way to go the extra mile Kristin. Love you both.

That's life as we know it.




7 comments:

Kristin said...

Steve, I love you, I almost wet my pants reading your post. I now know never to tag you again. Ha ha. Val is still in the hospital as of tonight, I am headed back up to her house on Sat. To help out when Robby goes to school. We have to pass the pain med on to Val, I could use some tonight.

Margaret said...

Steve~

Very funny post...again! You do have a way of making me laugh.

And FYI...sorry to tell you but I used to have this background on one of my blogs...it's too girly for you bro-in-law. I think you need a more manly one.

Valerie said...

Steve, you kill me. Thanks for making me laugh when I got home from the hospital...I love your opinion about tags. And I'm waiting to see if Owen notices his See's chocolate or not because if he doesn't, I'm snatching it. But I don't know...that kid LOVES chocolate. Thanks also for the well wishes for me and my hospital experience. We should've recorded some of the things I said and did when I was just coming out of surgery. One of the post op. doctors told me I was frowning and he told me to turn my frown upside down and I apparently smiled at him. Other than that...I just remember being really sleepy.

Laurie said...

I ate all of the boys' See's candies too. Apparently, Gabe also doesn't like robin eggs--there's a dozen half -eaten eggs in his basket still.

The older boys have started asking Nate, "Do you like this? Can I have it?" Nate is very willing to share.

Good thing I didn't tag you! Ha!

Laurie said...

Also, I'm thinking your background is not too girly. It looks like you are going for an Old West look to me.

But what do I know about style?

rachel said...

Didn't someone else have a birthday early March????

(sorry, we're so bad at calling!)

Hope it was a good one.
Love ya.

The deVilleneuves said...

Ok, the monkey thing is so good! You're a funny guy! Give Melanie a box of chocolate from me, will ya? She needs chocolate! Poor gal.

Keep blogging. You do it well!