Saturday, March 22, 2008

Carson's World

So, Carson has been doing speech therapy for about 8 months now, working to help him improve pronunciation. (Basically making it possible for the rest of us to understand him better.) His speech and dialect have improved vastly over what it was, but he did have some cute sayings, and I wanted to get some of them written out Phonetically before we forget the good ones.

Mo-ha-o:
Motorcycle
Lolly: Natalie
Tar(s): Car(s)
Take: Cake
Hate Naps: Father, I am not tired at the moment and would prefer to stay up to enjoy the restful relaxation afforded me through quality play time
with my siblings, thus preparing me to handle the real life experiences I will encounter when I have achieved a sufficient maturity.

Spring Break has been an interesting week at our house. On Tuesday it started raining early in the morning, and finally stopped sometime early Wednesday. When it was all said and done we'd received 5.75 inches. Melanie has decided there's no way she could live in the Pacific Northwest ever again...one day of rain with 4 kids and no school...she was climbing the walls!

Interesting facts I learned this week about ipods: (For those of you who've enjoyed your ipod for the previous 10 years or so, you may want to skip the following wide-eyed enthusiasm for the discovery of the obvious.)
  1. The church website has the scriptures in mp3 format you can download for FREE. (Here I thought I was going to have to buy the stander works on CD, upload to my computer and then sync with ipod...pshaw!) Warning: Old Testament is almost 900 mb.
  2. Podcasts: General Conference and the Ensign are available via the podcast doohickey through itunes store...also FREE! Search under lds. (Warning, some podcasts that come up under searching lds are from the ANTI's. Seriously, who has time and energy to devout to a podcast subscription knocking somebody's faith...oh wait, Mike Huckabee does now.) The Ensign podcast gives you an article a day for the month until you have all the complete magazine for the current month.
  3. Downloading books on cd...actually uploading to itunes so you can sync with ipod for later use, takes a long time. (Sidenote: If you're going to do this with audio books you check out from Library...DON'T. Forget about copyright issues, there's too many dumbasses that have checked these things out and scratched the discs...which you won't find out about until you're 10 discs into an upload (That's 10 out of the full 16 discs.) of "Fellowship of the Ring" Needless to say, Tolkien is not on my ipod.
Where else but on your ipod can you have the doctrines of salvation, and eternal principals as readily accessible as the "Devil's Music" even Rock and Roll. The dichotomy of being able to listen to the words of the prophets one moment, and then hear "Sympathy for the Devil" by Mick and the boys, then watch the complete Die Hard series...it boggles the mind.

That's life as we know it.






5 comments:

Valerie said...

I love all your churchy comments and then you throw in a good "dumbasses" line. That's the Davis in us for sure. I'm glad you're having so much fun with you Ipod. We'll definitely remember all the cool things you've found out.

Kristin said...

Love the picture of Brynn. Love the quotes from Carson, my fav when we were bowling was the time I tried to help him bowl and he was so mad at me, he threw back his arms and sternly said, "I do it myself!" I walked away laughing, I love that kid.

Laurie said...

Dan usually takes the ipod to work with him.

That's why my spirituality is suffering.

Laurie said...

Dan wants me to tell you he had so much music and BYU football videos on his, he had to delete the scriptures.

Also, he wants to know what model you bought.

The Pili Aiga said...

Steve wouldn't be Steve without the dumbass line :) Hi Steve! Yep, finally did a blogspot. I'm letting everyone know because this is so exciting. You know how newcomers are. It's not well done, but it's done. The kids are looking so grown up...spraypaint on the suburban tires? ouch...glad that's not a bridge I've crossed. Say hi to Mel.
Beck